NOTE: APVSP scheme is no longer open for new registrations or renewal. The scheme will be terminated once SEDA Malaysia is officially established. Please visit www.seda.gov.my in September 2011 if you are keen to register in RE Industry Directory under SEDA.
To help develop a quality based PV industry, the MBIPV Project introduced an Approved PV Service Provider (APVSP) scheme. Only APVSP will be eligible to design and install grid connected BIPV systems for the MBIPV funded projects.
The objectives of APVSP scheme are:
- to ensure Malaysia has a pool of quality local PV service Providers;
- to ensure quality design and installation of grid-connected PV systems;
- to ensure customer satisfaction of grid-connected PV systems;
- to facilitate the use of pre-approved quality PV products and components
The conditions for APVSP are as follows: (Only companies can apply, an individual person is not eligible to be an APVSP)
- At least one member of full time staff shall have attended and successfully passed an approved ISPQ-accredited grid-connected BIPV training recognized by MBIPV/ KeTTHA. (Note: For the ISPQ-accredited training in Malaysia, as of for now, MBIPV Project only recognized the ISPQ-accredited grid-connected BIPV training organized by MBIPV-UiTM only)
- The company preferably should have prior experience in the design, supply and installation of a PV power system. If not, the company will be provisionally approved for the first 12 months.
- The company shall be financially sound and not declared as a dormant company under Companies Commission of Malaysia. (Notes : If the company does not meet the criteria of reasonable financial soundness, then MBIPV Project reserves the right to request for these APVSPs to issue banker’s guarantee (BG) for each PV project they secured. The sum of the BG shall amount to 30% of the total PV project value and the BG shall be made to the client. MBIPV Project will retain the BG until the PV system is successfully commissioned and the client has no complain about the APVSP’s services. The BG shall cover the entire duration of the PV project)
- The company shall only engage the service of a certified electrician for all electrical wiring works.
- The company shall have workers insurances and public liability insurance. MBIPV Project strongly recommends the APVSP to have Fidelity Guarantee Insurance.
- The company shall agree to follow the APVSP Industry Best Practice Guidelines.
- The company shall agree to abide by the APVSP Code of Conduct.
- The company shall state the suppliers for PV modules and Inverter and also should get letter of authorisation from the both suppliers
APVSP is subjected for renewal at the end of each year. MBIPV reserves the right to terminate the company’s Approved PV Service Provider listing if the company has not been able to find a replacement full time employee certified with ISPQ accredited grid-connected PV training within the one-month departure of the employee.
For further details please check the document on Approved PVSP scheme.
Kindly download the Approved PVSP Application Form to apply for the scheme.